New Tools, Immersive Storytelling & Engagement
VR, news startup, innovative journalism tools and engaging contents. These are the topics we will be covering at our German edition of News Impact Summit this year.
On Friday 1 July 2016, the fifth edition of this year’s News Impact Summit series will be organised in Berlin, Germany (#NISBER). The summit will be held at the conference center palisa.de (Address: Palisadenstraße 48, 10243 Berlin, Germany) and will focus on the theme “New Tools, Immersive Storytelling & Engagement”.
Co-organised by the European Journalism Centre (EJC) and the Google News Lab, this one full-day free public event will cover various aspects of innovation in journalism, from developing newsroom tools and engagement-driven contents, to VR and 360° storytelling and how to bring entrepreneurial thinking into journalism. The programme also includes "viewing session" for you to discover the unknown world of VR/360° journalism.
Participants will have an opportunity to join the debate with the experts and attend the skills training workshops and demo sessions including the Google tools such as Youtube 360° and Photosphere, how to engage with the audience with data, and how new tools like Wochit, cloud-based video creation platform can contribute to the way we execute day-to-day journalistic work.
Sign up now for this free event open to all journalists, editors, newsroom managers, entrepreneurs, developers, designers, and J-school students. We welcome any creative minds who are/want to become part of the future of digital journalism.
Hot Tip: We will be giving away Google Cardboard to all the attendees for the first time in the series. Don't miss the opportunity!
Some of the topics we will be covering are:
- What are the up-and-coming newsroom tools to discover, create, publish contents and engage with the audience?
- How are the leading German media houses dealing with innovation in their contents production and distribution? (Focus on data journalism and news apps)
- Should the media industry invest in VR and 360° storytelling?
- What should you NOT do when you want to engage with the audience on social networks, messaging apps and graphics/interactives?
- What are the do's and don'ts for your journalism startup to become a success?