Personalisation, Immersive Experience & Digital Transformation of News
On Monday 26 September 2016, the sixth edition of this year’s News Impact Summit series will be organised in Helsinki, Finland (#NISHEL). The summit will be held at the Scandic Park Hotel Helsinki (Address: Mannerheimvägen 46, 00260 Helsingfors, Finland) and will focus on the theme “Personalisation, Immersive Experience & Digital Transformation of News”. It is the first time the series is coming to Finland, and the second one in the Nordic countries.
Co-organised by the European Journalism Centre (EJC) and the Google News Lab, in collaboration with the Finnish Broadcasting Company Yle, this one full-day free public event will cover various aspects of innovation in journalism, from personalised content distribution models to VR and 360° storytelling, as well as the techniques for UGC verification and a technology-assisted method to write better headlines. The programme also includes a session dedicated to the coverage of Russia and a viewing session to discover the unknown world of VR/360° journalism.
Sign up now for this free event open to all journalists, editors, newsroom managers, entrepreneurs, developers, designers, and J-school students. We welcome any creative minds who are/want to become part of the future of digital journalism.
Tip: We will be giving away a Google Cardboard to all the attendees. Don't miss the opportunity!
Some of the topics we will be covering are:
- How are innovative media houses boosting their audience reach by personalising the content distribution?
- Why and how can VR and 360 videos enhance the way we tell stories? What are the best practice examples using Google Photosphere, 360° videos and Cardboard?
- How should one verify user-generated contents and propaganda during breaking news? What are the lessons learned from the recent events such as the Nice and Brussels attacks?
- How tools like Bandito, a product from The Washington Post help editors write the most digital-friendly headlines?
- What can we learn from the successful online journalism pure players like De Correspondent and Long Play?
- What are the next new things from the perspectives of the strategists and progressive thinkers from the leading media