Journalism Reloaded: the Network Effect
On Monday 3 December, the News Impact Summit comes back to Berlin!
After a successful edition in 2016, the German capital city will host this time the last Summit of 2018. The focus of the day will be on leadership, organisational culture and innovation, and the title will be: Journalism Reloaded: the Network Effect.
The free-to-join event is organised by the European Journalism Centre and powered by the Google News Initiative. The Summit will take place in the beautiful riverside spaces of the Spreespeicher and will wrap-up the fourth year of News Impact activities.
A wide array of German and international speakers will come to Berlin, to explore how the profession is changing. The programme will offer a deep dive into challenges and best practices around new positive styles of newsroom leadership and changing organisational culture. We will talk about team management, bridge roles, mentorship opportunities, and much more.
The Summit will bring together leading editors, journalists and experts from across Germany and beyond, including speakers from WELT and ZEIT Online, Kinzen, Reuters, Spiegel Online, CNN International, de Volkskrant, eldiario.es, and many more.
The programme will include inspirational talks and dynamic conversations, along with networking opportunities to meet and learn from local and international media experts. Attendees will also have the opportunity to join the debate during breakout sessions that will facilitate participation and foster collaboration around some of the key areas that will shape the future of news in years to come.
Sign up now for this FREE event to secure your seat. We welcome all curious minds who want to be part of the future of digital journalism!
Some of the topics we will be covering are:
- What does it mean to be a journalist today?
- How are newsroom structures changing to adapt to a digital-first environment?
- What makes for a good leader and what can we learn from innovative leadership styles outside of the media industry?
- Which are the new roles that forward-thinking newsrooms are creating to bridge the gap between departments?
- How can we build trust with our audiences and within our organisations?
- What are the keys to be able to implement a positive cultural change in the newsroom?
- ...and much more.