Powering Journalism with Design
On Monday 25 June, the first edition of the 2018 News Impact Summits will take place in Paris, making la Ville Lumière the only location to host the Summit three times so far!
The programme will sit at the intersection between the two fields, exploring the key benefits of design approaches in opening up new opportunities for journalism. Speakers from French and international media outlets will present relevant case-studies and what they have learned from applying design tools and methods to their work.
If you think you know what design means get ready to be surprised and if you don’t, it's time to find out!
The programme will include inspirational talks, design skills training and structured networking opportunities to meet and learn from international media experts. It’s a collaborative forum for people from diverse backgrounds to meet, discuss creative ideas, and develop journalistic projects together.
Check out the amazing speakers who are already confirmed and stay tuned for the release of the complete programme.
The Summit will take place in English with simultaneous interpretation to French available throughout the day.
Sign up now for this free event to secure your seat. We welcome all curious minds who want to be part of the future of digital journalism!
Some of the topics we will be covering are:
- What do we mean when we talk about design in journalism?
- How can we apply design methodologies in the newsroom to improve workflows and processes and develop an organisational culture centred on innovation?
- What are the primary applications of design in a journalistic context? How can it be used to support and enhance audience engagement and product development?
- How can we foster collaboration between journalists and designers in the newsroom?
- What can journalists learn from the design industry in terms of innovative approaches to problem-finding and problem-solving?