The Value of Digital Innovation & Quality Journalism
On Thursday 3 September, the sixth edition of the News Impact Summit (NIS Warsaw) will be held at PIN-UP STUDIOin Warsaw, Poland. The NIS Warsaw will centre on the theme "The Value of Digital Innovation & Quality Journalism” and discuss how today's journalism should embrace digitalisation in both content production and journalistic research, and find the solution to best merge digital transformation and traditional quality journalism.
Organised by the European Journalism Centre (EJC) and the Google News Lab, this one full-day public event will feature some of the best practices in digital content strategies as well as cutting edge data-driven storytelling and investigative methods from all around the world. The event brings together leading editors, investigative journalists, social media experts and product creators from international and Polish media organisations. Participants will have an opportunity to join the debate with the experts and attend the skills training workshops on topics varying from data journalism basics to advanced investigative methods, from free useful tools such as Google Search and Trends to online ethics for the usage of social media contents in journalistic products.
Some of the topics we will be covering are:
- - What are the best working editorial strategies for online editions? How do we decide which story goes where?
- - How can we leverage the power of new tools such as Periscope and Snapchat for journalistic reporting?
- - What are the working methods for your investigative journalistic research?
- - How can we measure the impacts of stories?
- - Why are ethics important, and how should you deal with it especially online?
- - How should you deal with attribution when using social media contents?
- - What are the best practices of data journalism and data driven investigations?